Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How Much Longer Can It Last


When I first stumbled across the show How I Met Your Mother I was mesmerized by the premise and how great the characters were and how they interacted with each other. Episode after episode and season after season I loved the show more and more. I appreciated how even the secondary members of the main cast had their own back stories shown with great detailed and comedy. But how much longer can they really go on and on without ever meeting the mom?

I love the show but have grown tired of it in the last season. It's not that the show is no longer entertaining, I just found myself not caring about it anymore. Every season has evidence and flashbacks of some meeting or something referring back to meeting the mom, but until a large significant meeting or event happens during the show i may just stop watching until i hear news of it happening or that they are finally gonna reveal her; even if she isnt a big nam actress i want to see it. I guess in some ways I hope they end the show because after showing who the mom will be it really wont matter the aftermath since you know his life works out.

One big question I have though, which I havent done my research, is if the mom still alive in this future world where Ted Mosby is telling his kids about how he met her? I mean if he needs to tell the kids how they met, do they really need to know the details from when he initially meets Robin in the first episode. Whats the point? I know there are life changing events, and if thats the case then a lot of those episodes are just fillers. I feel like if you combined at the pertinent episodes so far there would probably be only one or two seasons.


Those two sentences are a link to that article if you want to read it. What are your guys theories on who the mother is?

No comments: